|Chairperson : Rica Derosier|
Emcee : Jackie Ortega Mrs Fil-Am 2008
Tabulator: Vangie McNeal
One of the highlights of the Filipino Cultural Day is the Little Miss Fil-Am 2013 pageant. Four (4) Fil-Am girls as young as 4 years old to 8 years old joined the Little Miss Fil-Am 2013 Pageant this year.
This pageant started in 2004 an excellent opportunity for Fil-Am girls, having at least 25% of Filipino heritage, to compete in the pageant world today. By participating in a strong, honest and fair program, contestants will be able to compete to sought after titles, awards, and other prizes throughout their pageant journey.
1.Helps in developing good grooming, poise, self-confidence valuable communication skills, and personality.
2. Helps young girls develop their talents and set goals.
3. Aids in achieving dreams through competition, events and appearances
4. Help in developing character, confidence, and sportsmanlike qualities.
5. Provides an opportunity to develop lasting friendship among contestants, and their families.
6. Offers the youth of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
7. Focuses on affirming high standards, morals and honesty.
AWARDING AND CROWNING
Second Princess NINA LOUREIRO
Winner of $100.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Tiara
Third Princess EMYLEE NAVARRO
Winner of $50.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Tiara
The winners received sash and trophy.
Best Gown Winner SAMANTHA JURGENS
INTRODUCTION OF CANDIDATES
The candidates made a captivating introduction by doing a group hip-hop dance after which, each one introduced themselves.
Candidate No. 2 SAMANTHA JURGENS
The cute candidates paraded wearing their fabulous gown to win in the Best Gown category.
QUESTION & ANSWER PORTION
This is the portion of the pageant where judges keep a tally on the young girls’ poise, wit, confidence and personality.
The judges were beauty queens themselves who won the Oceanside Sea Lions Club’s Miss Teen Oceanside namely, Alexxa Morgor (2nd Princess for Miss Teen Oceanside 2013), Hillary Adkins (3rd Prince3ss for Miss Teen Oceanside 2013), Courtney Engelhardt (1st Princess for Miss Teen Oceanside 2013) and Tatum Torres (Miss Teen Oceanside 2013).
1. Alexis Plaisted, first volunteered with The Fil-Am association in 2009 as the host of the Mrs. Fil-am pageant. She returned in 2012 to host the Traditional Costume Show. A graduate of the University of the Philippines Los Banos, with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Alexis came to the United States just 1 day after her graduation. Although she graduated with honors, her true passion is Style and Fashion.. Her education with John Robert Powers Finishing School in Philadelphia and her extensive experience as manager in prestige retail stores as Victoria’s Secret and Neiman Marcus, has honed this passion into an art. She has currently parlayed this innate talent and experience as a Personal Image Stylist for her own business, SHINE! Studios. Her clients includes San Diego businessmen, women, socialites and a few prominent San Diego residents. Her mantra: “Fashion may be seasonal and universal but style is timeless and individual”.
2. Jackie Lasaga, 1st Runner up for Mrs Fil-Am 2011, works in the admin dept of Naval Hospital at Camp Pendleton, CA, currently the efficient treasurer of Fil-Am organization.
Farewell Walk of Little Miss Fil-Am 2012 JANESSA DEL RIO
Entertainment provided by Little Miss Fil-Am 2011 JANELLE KIM SERQUINA
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM’S
Cultural Dance Group’s performance of “Singkil” dance