|Chairperson : Rica Derosier|
Emcee : Jackie Ortega Mrs Fil-Am 2008
Tabulator: Vangie McNeal
The Miss Pre-teen Fil-Am pageant is held back to back with Little Miss Fil-am Pageant. This year, four (4) Fil-Am girls aged 9 to 12 years old joined the Miss Pre-teen FIL-AM Pageant this year.
This pageant started in 2004 an excellent opportunity for Fil-Am young ladies, having at least 25% of Filipino heritage, to compete in the pageant world today. By participating in a strong, honest and fair program, contestants will be able to compete to sought after titles, awards, and other prizes throughout their pageant journey.
1.Helps in developing good grooming, poise, self-confidence valuable communication skills, and personality.
2. Helps young girls develop their talents and set goals.
3. Aids in achieving dreams through competition, events and appearances
4. Help in developing character, confidence, and sportsmanlike qualities.
5. Provides an opportunity to develop lasting friendship among contestants, and their families.
6. Offers the youth of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
7. Focuses on affirming high standards, morals and honesty.
AWARDING AND CROWNING
Miss Pre-teen Fil-Am 2013 MELANIE PAGAYONAN
Winner of $250.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Beautiful Tiara
First Princess McCAYLA MADAGAY
Winner of $150.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Tiara
Second Princess MADLYNE NAVARRO –
Winner of $100.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Tiara
Third Princess MEKAYLA NAVARRO –
Winner of $50.00, Trophy, Sash, Flowers & Tiara
The winners received sash and trophy.
Miss Congeniality MEKAYLA NAVARRO
Best Talent MELANIE PAGAYONAN
Best Gown Winner McCAYLA MADAGAY
Miss Photogenic McCAYLA MADAGAY
Most Popular MELANIE PAGAYONAN –
She will also receive cash equivalent to 20% of total ticket sales
Viewer’s Choice is MELANIE PAGAYONAN –
She will also receive cash equivalent to 20% of total votes from the public
INTRODUCTION OF CANDIDATES
The candidates introduced themselves after a catchy group dance performance.
Everyone shines in this portion of the pageant but only one will take home the Best Talent award.
Candidate No. 5 McCAYLA MADAGAY
Candidate No. 6 MEKAYLA NAVARRO
Candidate No. 7 – MADLYNE NAVARRO
Candidate No. 8 – MELANIE PAGAYONAN
Who is the fairest of them all as they model their gowns to win in the Best Gown category?
QUESTION & ANSWER PORTION
The young ladies had been trained to handle this interview portion with poise and grace.
PARTICIPATION TROPHY was distributed to all the candidates in appreciation of their efforts and talents contributed to the pageant.
MEET THE JUDGES
Prominent judges were selected to do the difficult task of evaluating the candidates.
1. Debbie Nicastro has been a professional singer for over 25 years. She is a musical theatre actor with many regional credits which include venues such as Avo Theatre, Moonlight Theatre and Starlight Theatre. She is a vocal coach and has been teaching for 15 years. Many of her students have gone on to have professional careers in the music industry. Debbie is also a music director with many local theatre companies such as Encore Youth Theatre and CAST Productions. She is a cantor and parishioner at Mission San Luis Rey and a proud member of Fil-am, Oceanside Music Festival and volunteers with Brother Benno’s. Her band TRAXX plays at many venues in San Diego. Check it out on Facebook (Traxx).
2. Christian George Francisco , born Dec 11, 1980, in Bacoor ,Cavite Philippines , and visiting USA,
On educational qualifications : PhD in Filipino Language and Literature-Philippine Normal University
On employment : Dean , College of Liberal Arts and Communication,De La Salle University -Dasmarinas
On Accomplishments: Has published books on Filipino language and culture for Tertiary level has published bilingual dictionary for Philippine mass media On Affiliations: Secretary , National Committee on language and translation: National Commission for culture and the Arts.Others: has lectured on various universities locally and internationally on Philippine languages and culture. Has recently presented his researched paper in USA conferences held at Harvard University , Boston, MA.
3. Dejah dela Cruz Urbanovitcho Urbanovitch is our reigning Miss Fil-Am Cultural Association of NSDC. She currently works at Vistage International, managing a team of relationship specialists, while also working with CEOs as a trusted advisor for their Vistage peer group. Dejah was born and raised in Los Angeles with a younger brother and sister. She attended University of Miami, Florida, graduating cum laude in History and Political Science. Today, she resides in San Diego. Dejah is active in our community volunteering and holding offices with many organizations including the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls (past state officer), the American Cancer Society (Event Chair for Bark for Life), Toastmasters International (Area governor), and you can often see her emceeing various events like the annual Asian Cultural Festival. She’s honored to be a guest and judge at the Filipino Cultural Day of Oceanside, an event she looks forward to all year.
4. Brenda Acasio was born in Manila Philippines and moved to Southern California when she was 8 years old. She has managed two salons in Carlsbad and Oceanside for almost ten years. She currently lives with her family in Oceanside.
Emcee Mrs. Fil-Am 2008 JACKIE ORTEGA
Farewell Walk of Miss Pre-teen Fil-Am 2012 GINA GAILLARD
Entertainment provided by Miss Pre-teen Fil-Am 2012 GINA GAILLARD