FACO is now accepting applications.
For the 2022 Academic Year!
The Filipino American Cultural Organization (FACO) is offering five monetary scholarship awards to high school seniors of Filipino-American Ancestry, who have plans to attend college or career training.
1st place- $2000.00
2nd place- $1500.00
3rd place- $1200.00
4TH place- $1000.00
5th place- $700.00
Applicant must come from any high school in Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, Carlsbad, Escondido, Fallbrook, Bonsall, Encinitas, Poway, Valley Center, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Ramona and other cities/towns located in North San Diego County.
The applicant cannot be an immediate family member of any officer, director or scholarship committee member of FACO.
In order of importance, applicants will be judged on academic excellence, commitment to community and social concerns, and personal attributes. A minimum of 3.5 GPA (grade point average) is required to apply. Given the mission of FACO, high school applicants are expected to have participated in community service. Examples of community service include volunteering for the Red Cross or local church; participating in Filipino-American student organizations; cleaning up the Bay or feeding the homeless; and any other qualifying service activities. Those who begin their volunteer work immediately will illustrate such a commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
You may also download the form by clicking here.
· If you have questions after receipt of the forms, you may contact the committee
member assigned to your school district as shown below:
- OCEANSIDE and VISTA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
- CARLSBAD and SAN DIEGUITO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
- SAN MARCOS and ESCONDIDO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
- RAMONA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICTS and VALLEY CENTER- PAUMA
UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT; POWAY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
- FALLBROOK and BONSALL UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
· Please type. Complete all sections of the FACO Application and follow the direction.
You may use extra pages if necessary.
· Tips: Proofread your application and essay for typographical and grammatical errors. Have someone else proofread your essay and make revisions based on their feedback.
· DEADLINE is Monday, May 23, 2022 at Midnight. Applications must be postmarked no later than this date, if sent by mail, using the address above. The deadline is firm.
· Selection is determined by the FACO Scholarship Committee of five members. Winners will be announced on Saturday, June 4, 2022 and must be present at the awards ceremony during the 21st Annual Filipino Cultural Celebration at the Oceanside Civic Center, 330 North Coast Highway, Oceanside, CA 92054; 760-435-5600.